I’m going to tell you everything you need to know to pass a mouth swab drug test for Amazon. I will tell you when Amazon does drug testing, and what types of drug tests it does. For different roles, there are different rules and types of tests, and I’ll explain everything you need to know about Amazon testing.
We will discuss pre-employment testing and on-the-job testing at Amazon, and if there are any differences between them. I’ll talk to you about how long drug metabolites stay in saliva, and how you can prepare for a drug test if you have a chance.
Does Amazon Mouth Swab Drug Test & When Do They Do It?
To answer the major question at the start around does Amazon drug test, the answer to that is yes, they do. For pre-employment it’s usually a mouth swab test. But, if you are going to be driving machinery or a vehicle, it will be a urine drug test.
On the job, they don’t do on-the-spot testing. If you have an accident, they will enforce a urine drug test though (usually an EScreen eCup 5 Panel test).
Some locations report that people who drive vehicles get annual urine drug testing. But that isn’t universal and seems to be sporadic. For pre-employment, it’s always straight after the interview. So if you’re going for a job interview with Amazon, you must be prepared for a mouth swab test straight after it.
This is the same if you go to an Amazon employment event. One of those open days when you go along and get interviewed in groups. After the interview, there will be people to administer an oral drug test on the spot.
Note that they don’t test the samples right after the test though. The dipstick is not placed into a reactive panel kit. It’s sent off to Quest diagnostics for a full analysis, meaning results take two or three days to come back.
I’ll also just mention here that a lot of people say they don’t test for cannabis. I think this is location-dependent, as it seems to be the states where it’s legalized where this is discussed.
Amazon Mouth Swab Drug Testing Is Slightly Different
Now, this may not happen all the time, but the overwhelming majority of people facing mouth swab drug testing from Amazon talk about having to hold the cotton swab dipstick in their mouth for up to 10 minutes. A couple of people claim they had to do it for 20 minutes. Usually, with an oral drug test, someone will swab out from along the gum line and along the bottom of your mouth, both inside and outside the teeth to collect a sample where drug metabolites mostly gather.
With Amazon, it seems to be slightly different, and it’s slightly unusual. They place the dipstick in your mouth between your cheek and bottom teeth on the outside. So a bit like placing a thermometer in your mouth.
You then sit with it in your mouth in that position for up to 10 minutes on average. People reporting that have said that they are told it’s to ensure that plenty of saliva mixes into it.
How Long Are Drugs Detectable In Saliva?
The bottom line then is that they do a drug test, and you need to learn how to pass a mouth swab drug test for Amazon if you are going for an interview with them. Thankfully, drugs are undetectable in saliva for a long, and for moderate users, these are the average detection times after your last dose:
- Cannabis 48 hours
- Cocaine 24 hours
- MDMA 48 hours
- Heroin 24 hours
- Opiates 24 hours
- Benzodiazepines 72 hours
Now be aware that those are times for moderate users. If you’re a regular user or smoker, then you are looking at adding a day or two to those times.
Also note, if you’re a heavy cannabis smoker that it could be three or four days longer in saliva, so you would have to really be clean for a week to ensure passing naturally.
If you are abusing benzos off a prescription that are slow-release, it could be two weeks before you get clean if you are doing them daily.
This Is Why Mouth Swab Drug Testing Is So Dangerous
There’s a very simple reason why mouth swab drug testing is so dangerous. It’s because it can be done anywhere, anytime, and with a minimum amount of notice.
As you’ve already just read, it’s easy to administer on the spot. That’s why Amazon use that method because they can churn the tests through interviews with people from within the company. Then they simply get them sent off to be tested.
So it’s the fact that anyone can do on the spot that is the dangerous thing. Although metabolites from drugs are undetectable in saliva for long, unless you are a very heavy user (and would therefore know you’re going to fail an interview anyway), anyone can detect them if they are.
Plus, with just 10 minutes’ notice (it has to legally be 10 minutes to ensure anything you have consumed has left the mouth and doesn’t interfere with the test), you can be tested on the spot anywhere. By the roadside, at work, for probation, at court, at police stations, literally anywhere, and in moments.
On top of all that, saliva drug testing is cheaper than urine sample drug testing. Not as effective for picking up the moderate users, but it enough to weed out (excuse the pun) the heavier users who could be problematic to employ in the eyes of the company.
Here’s What Happens When An Oral Drug Test Is Done
There’s really not much to an oral drug test, and this is what happens:
- There will be a 10-minute wait. They have to do this to allow saliva to naturally pass through the mouth without interference from food or drink (or anything else). This also helps them to lower the opportunity for people to use things like mouthwash and gum because they don’t last very long in keeping toxins neutralized.
- A mouth swab is placed in the mouth. Usually, it’s swabbed around to collect the sample, but with Amazon, it appears they just place it between the cheek and the teeth for up to 10 minutes.
- It’s then either tested in a panel kit to see what reacts, or the sample is placed in a container and it sent off to Quest or LabCorp (or somewhere like that) to be tested professionally.
Tips To Improve Your Chances Of Passing A Mouth Swab Drug Test
If you’re facing an oral drug test then there are things you can do to improve your chances of passing. The most obvious thing is to stop taking drugs. As long as you can before the day of the test.
Now, if it’s a roadside test, with a few minute’s notice, then you can’t do that and you’ll have to take other measures which I’ll explain later.
But with just four or five days’ notice, even as a regular user, you can get clean. Especially, if you follow these top tips alongside abstaining:
- Brush your teeth regularly. Every two or three hours. This keeps drug metabolites out of the gum line, creates more saliva, and pushes more saliva in and out of your mouth.
- Use mouthwash three or four times per day as well. This will also help to move toxins out of your mouth faster.
- Drink plenty of water and urinate frequently. This will move toxins through your body quicker, meaning less and less will appear in your saliva.
- If you have a few days, and you’ve bought them in advance, use potent detox pills like Toxin Rid. This will push toxins out of the body faster, increasing the cycle of expulsion, and leading to less drug toxins appearing in saliva more quickly than would usually happen.
This Is The Cheapest And Most Effective Saliva Drug Test Kit Option
Saliva-neutralizing mouthwash is a cheap and effective way to neutralize drug metabolites for long enough to pass a mouth swab test. The best I’ve used is Toxin Rid Rescue Wash, which you can buy from Test Clear. The only costs $30 for a little to fluid-ounce bottle.
I tested this with an at-home saliva drug test kit and passed 20 minutes after using it. 40 minutes after using it I was weakly testing positive for cannabis again.
The instructions for use are pretty straightforward:
- If you’ve got noticed, do everything I told you to do a moment ago to increase the rate of drug toxins exiting the body and ensure less getting trapped in the mouth.
- About 15 minutes before your test open the bottle and pour half of the contents into your mouth. Swill the liquid around as you would with a mouthwash, gargling if you can, and rubbing your tongue around the inside and outside of your gums, and around the teeth. Then spit it out after about one minute.
- Repeat the process above with the other half of the liquid in the bottle.
- Do not eat or drink anything until you’ve had your sample taken.
As you can see, this is easy to do as long as you can get a couple of minutes out of sight. You’ll need to spit the liquid out as it’s a lot to swallow and it tastes awful.
But doing this with Toxin Rid Rescue Wash will neutralize your saliva for up to 30 minutes. Once you’ve had your interview, if you’re told to submit a sample then you’ll need to get to the toilet and hide in a cubicle to do it. This may or may not be possible, which is why little mouthwash bottles are sometimes not the best strategy.
Oral Clear Gum Is The Best Way To Pass A Saliva Drug Test
The best way to pass an Amazon mouth swab test is to use Oral Clear saliva neutralizing gum. But when people talk about using gum to pass a saliva drug test, when it comes to Oral Clear, it’s not really gum at all.
For $90 you are getting one capsule of highly concentrated neutralizing liquid. That’s a lot of money, but it’s the most effective thing on the market and the most discreet.
It’s easily hidden, highly transportable, and there’s so little liquid that you can just swallow it along with the capsule to leave no trace.
Best of all, you can use it with somebody in the room with you, so for example, sitting and waiting for your turn at an Amazon employment event to have your oral drug test sample taken.
How To Use Oral Clear To Pass An Amazon Mouth Swab Drug Test
These are the steps to use when you want to use oral clear saliva neutralizing gun to pass a drug test for Amazon, or indeed any situation.
- Purchase an Oral Clear gum from Clear Choice’s website.
- Prepare if you can. If you’ve got noticed, follow the steps I’ve outlined in this guide.
- Cup the capsule of Oral Clear in the palm of your hand and cough (if there’s someone in the room with you). Place your hand in your mouth, and put the capsule in.
- Then, pop the capsule and swirl the liquid around in your mouth thoroughly. Rub your tongue around your gums and teeth to really work it in. Do this for as long as you possibly can get away with, at least one minute if possible.
- Finally, swallow the liquid and the capsule to leave absolutely no trace that you used Oral Clear at all. You should then be neutralized for between 15 and 30 minutes.
As you can see, if you’re facing an Amazon drug test, then the best saliva drug test kit out there is Oral Clear. Highly discreet, easy to take on the spot, transportable, and lasts for a decent amount of time to allow the best chance of passing that important pre-employment Amazon drug test.