In this review I’m going to tell you everything you need to know about the research chemical known as YK-11.
Classed as a SARM, that’s not actually the whole story about this bodybuilding supplement. So what I’m going to do is give you all the information you need to know about it.
I’ll tell you how it works, and how to use it. I’ll explain how safe it is, and the unknowns about using YK-11 (which is common to all SARMs).
Also, I’ll talk you through cycling and stacking YK-11 with other SARMs, and explain where you can still find it for sale (as it’s getting slightly tougher to find).
What YK-11 Actually Is
SARM stands for Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator. That means it selectively targets androgen receptors in muscle and bone tissue, telling them to grow stronger, larger, and faster.
YK-11 is classed as a SARM by most people. However, the truth is it was originally only lumped in with SARMs for marketing purposes and actually isn’t truly one at all.
It doesn’t work on the androgen receptors very much at all, in fact the scant research done on YK-11 has found that it was only a partial agonist of the androgen receptors. Therefore, it is slightly androgenic and may deplete testosterone at higher levels, but it’s not like truly anabolic SARMs, and it’s not its main mechanism of action (way it affects the body).
YK-11 is a really new research chemical. It was only synthesized in 2011 in Japan. Even during its creation it was classed as a SARM, however, further testing and investigation has thrown that initial preconception into doubt.
The research so far around this bodybuilding chemical suggests the following characteristics:
- YK-11 is a partial agonist of the androgen receptor. Mostly in muscle and bone tissue, but also more widely. This actually points to it being more like an anabolic steroid, because they are less targeted than SARMs. So it does work on the androgen receptors to build muscle.
- It mainly works as a myostatin inhibitor. By minimizing myogenesis, it improves availability of this chemical linked strongly with the development of bigger muscles. Myostatin’s are used to help regulate muscle growth, telling the body to regulate production of other hormones that build muscle (testosterone, HGH, and IGF-1). So by lowering their availability, you can produce higher levels of hormones and muscle growth.
- YK-11 produces strong growth signals in muscle and bone tissue. Not exclusively, but the mimicking of testosterone and the suppression of myostatin’s means that you do get very aggressive muscle growth. It can be quite “watery” muscle tone in the beginning because it’s just being told to grow so aggressively.
YK-11 Effects & Benefits
Let’s talk now through the exact benefits you can get from using this research chemical for bodybuilding purposes.
Here are the typical YK-11 SARM results you can experience after your first cycle:
- Significant uplift in overall strength
- Accelerated body fat burning
- Develops muscle strength
- Improves recovery times
- Increases aggression and endurance
- Very noticeable size increase in muscle growth
- Very aggressive speed increase in muscle growth
Now as with all SARMs, they are not going to be as aggressive as anabolic steroids, even though YK-11 is arguably the one that is closest to steroid (other than possibly S-23).
Of course part of that is the size of the dose you take. However, it’s also about the cycle length, and how hard you work out.
How To Use YK-11
So the results you get from this will depend on the effort you put in. The harder you work out, the more you push yourself, the bigger the returns will be in strength and muscle growth.
You’ll need to back it all up with fantastic diet and nutrition as well. If you don’t fuel that muscle growth and fuel your workouts then you won’t get the best results.
I’m going to talk you through specific dosage, cycling, and stacking YK-11 with other SARMs in a moment, but generally, if you’re going to use this very aggressive SARM then you need to be prepared to make the most of the time you spend on it.
1. You’ll need to make sure you are strong before you use it. That means cardio, and it means endurance training.
2. You’ll need to make sure you have the diet and nutrition in place. You can’t be making things up as you go along, you need a detailed plan for the entire length of the cycle.
3. You’ll have to decide if you’re going to use it on its own, or as I recommend, using it as part of a bulking SARMs stack.
YK-11 Dosage, Cycling & Stacking
Let’s turn to exact dosage discussion now. Unfortunately, as with all SARMs, you’re going to be going on anecdotal evidence because there simply aren’t any real-world studies out there on how to use this in healthy people.
The little evidence there is, is also not categorical. As with all SARMs, there has never been the testing done on bodybuilders, or even healthy people at all, over long enough, to see exactly how it works, what the best dosages, or what the side effects will be.
In terms of dosage, I’d recommend 5 mg for a good starting dose. A lot of guys use 10 mg, but they are experienced. Certainly for a starting dose on its own, and especially in a stack, 5 mg is where I would advise you start.
When it comes to the length of your first YK-11 cycle, I’d keep it to around 10 weeks. Because it is androgenic, you will suffer testosterone drop.
But there is a second reason for being so conservative. Because of the aggressive muscle growth, if you are not careful, and you don’t build it up slowly, it can lead to ligament and bone stress. By keeping the dose low, and a moderate cycle length, you minimize that risk.
Let’s quickly talk about a great bulking stack that uses YK-11:
- 5 mg YK-11
- 3 mg Andarine
- 5 mg Cardarine
- 10 week cycle
- Mild PCT (Nolvadex) needed
The YK-11 will develop massive muscle growth. Underpinning that will be the Andarine, which is renowned for hardening muscles and developing dry muscle growth, fantastic for countering the problems you can get with “wet” YK-11 growth.
Then underneath all that, you’ll have Cardarine, energy in a bottle, allowing you to push yourself harder and further, you get the most out of the SARMs cycle.
Does YK-11 Have Bad Side Effects?
As I’ve already mentioned, YK-11 is androgenic. Not as much as other androgenic SARMs, but it can deplete your testosterone supply.
Therefore, one of the main side effects of using it is you could suffer T level drops towards the end of the cycle which will have to be recovered using PCT (Nolvadex should be good enough to bounce your testosterone levels back in about four weeks).
Also, that muscle development can be very aggressive. Especially if it’s stacked and you are really going for it, it has been known for this to cause tears and stresses because the muscle growth outruns the underlying support structure.
Can You Trust YK-11 Before & After Photos?
Before I finish this review of YK-11, I want to give my usual word of warning about the claims made online about SARMs generally.
You will see YK-11 before and after photos, and claims about before and after results as well.
Please don’t trust them. You just don’t know how true those photos or claims are. You don’t know if they’ve even use SARMs, they could have used steroids. You don’t how long they were using them for, how hard they have worked, what they looked like at the start.
My advice is always the same. Educate yourself as much as possible, buy good quality SARMs, work really hard, be aware of developing side effects, and see how it works for you in terms of the goals you want to achieve.
Finding YK-11 For Sale
YK-11 is a SARM that can deliver fantastic growth and results. Use it carefully, and it will not let you down.
One of the biggest problems about SARMs generally right now is getting your hands on them in the first place.
Due to the Chinese SARMs ban (stopping the manufacture and export of SARMs), the world supplies drying up right now. Add to that the problems of the pandemic on transportation of goods around the world, and you’ve got the perfect storm.
So you will have to look hard to find genuine YK-11 for sale right now.
Thankfully, there are still three places that I know of selling high quality SARMs generally, and YK-11 specifically:
1. Science.bio are still selling powder and liquid SARMs. For just $59.99 you can currently get a total dose of 300 mg of YK-11 in suspended liquid, while 1 g of powder will set you back $89.99.
2. Swiss Chems sell high-quality SARMs capsules. 60 capsules, with a total dose of 300 mg, is currently selling for $79.95.
3. The last place on my list of trusted retailers still selling SARMs are a company called Chemyo. They sell high-quality liquid SARMs and powder. YK-11, at a total dose of 500 mg in 15 mL of liquid, currently costs $74.99.